Burp(ee) Challenge

I started with 20. I did not complete the full descending set. I only made it to 165. I still had lots of time to finish. I just ran out of gas. My body was toast. I'm not a man :( But I already knew that ;)

Initially, I thought that if I could work down to the set of 10, then psychologically I would be able to force my body to squeeze out the remaining reps because they are done on a descending scale. Easy enough, right? Um, well, not really. I came to the conclusion very quickly last night that my mind and body are NOT synchronized very well -- my mental expectations far exceed my physical abilities. I'm completely delusional :D Seriously, I was a little disappointed with myself.

My brilliant Plan A didn't really work out that well. Suffice it to say I have some rug burns on my face (particularly the nose, cheeks and chin!). Every time my face hit the floor, I thought "Gee, thats a rather effective way of exfoliating my skin. I won't have to do that this weekend now." ;)

I know my face isn't supposed to rub against the floor. But my triceps were really giving out at the end. I do push-ups with my hands and elbows tucked in close to my body (my hands are above my waist and close to my upper serratus anterior). Next time, I'm doing those push ups the easy way so my pecs and delts can do the heavy lifting. With a little luck, I'll be able to finish the full beginners descending set :)

hockeydrummer88, your math is correct. 20=210, 25=325 and 30=465. But seeing the totals plays with my head. Better to think in descending sets of 20, 25 and 30 ;) Not that my body was remotely aware of the mental advantage ...

I started with 20. I did not complete the full descending set. I only made it to 165. I still had lots of time to finish. I just ran out of gas. My body was toast. I'm not a man :( But I already knew that ;)

Initially, I thought that if I could work down to the set of 10, then psychologically I would be able to force my body to squeeze out the remaining reps because they are done on a descending scale. Easy enough, right? Um, well, not really. I came to the conclusion very quickly last night that my mind and body are NOT synchronized very well -- my mental expectations far exceed my physical abilities. I'm completely delusional :D Seriously, I was a little disappointed with myself.

My brilliant Plan A didn't really work out that well. Suffice it to say I have some rug burns on my face (particularly the nose, cheeks and chin!). Every time my face hit the floor, I thought "Gee, thats a rather effective way of exfoliating my skin. I won't have to do that this weekend now." ;)

I know my face isn't supposed to rub against the floor. But my triceps were really giving out at the end. I do push-ups with my hands and elbows tucked in close to my body (my hands are above my waist and close to my upper serratus anterior). Next time, I'm doing those push ups the easy way so my pecs and delts can do the heavy lifting. With a little luck, I'll be able to finish the full beginners descending set :)

hockeydrummer88, your math is correct. 20=210, 25=325 and 30=465. But seeing the totals plays with my head. Better to think in descending sets of 20, 25 and 30 ;) Not that my body was remotely aware of the mental advantage ...

hahahhaahahahah

welcome to our world!! hahahahah
once you get really advanced you can get blisters on the tips of all our toes!
jjajajajajajjaja

that was a very awesome post!

A "person" who really did it. We, who have done it, can tell.

Sweat Daily
FF

I have completed Level 1 burpees! TA DA! :)

I'm not sure I want to go for the next descending set of 25, but I might as well go for it. It will probably take me a month to work up to it. But my triceps are rocking! :D

PS: I can't believe I'm actually doing this. Is anybody else doing this? Am I the only one? Come on guys!

EDIT:

The Rules :

The total time allowed is 30 minutes. You cannot remove any motion part of the movement or else reps won't count.

Level one : 20 descending sets in 30 minutes or less. You are now a man.

When you reach down to 20:00 or less, you can try the test for level two.

Level two : 25 descending sets in 30 minutes or less. People think twice before messing with you.

When you reach down to 25:00 or less, you can try the test fort level three.

Level three : Being able to perform 30 descending sets walking across the room as a break. You are bona fide stud and nobody's going to mess with you.

This doesnt have an end date. Its on-going as one can continue to improve and post times.
I can't believe I forgot to time myself. I'm going to have to do these all over again ... crap :eek2:

Last edited:
I went back and reread all the origrnal posts so I am ready to begin the challenge. I'm golfing this morning and then coming home to workout. I'll do the challenge first. I'll report back. If noone hears from me for awhile send out the burpee search party!!! Wish me luck

众盈彩票APP 爱乐透彩票 美狮彩票官网 北京两步彩APP 新浪彩票